Monday, August 15, 2005

T.O. has gone too far!


Ok, I can honestly say that Terrell Owens (T.O.) has officially crossed the line into idiocy. I can say this after the televised interview that he gave during halftime of ESPN's coverage of the Chargers-Packers preseason game. This man cares about nothing but himself and only used this opportunity in an attempt to give
the Eagles organization a black eye (namely Head Coach Andy Reid and teammate QB Donovan McNabb). I'm sure that everyone isn't surprised as this was bound to happen sooner or later (my money was on sooner). I've felt from the first day that I
heard T.O. gripe about how he deserves more money that he should just shut up and play football. The man just signed a long-term contract with a team that rescued him
from a trade to the Baltimore Ravens. Any player certainly has the right to voice their concerns with management, but when coaches and teammates are dragged inot the frey, that's where it crosses the line. Donovan McNabb was one of T.O.'s biggest fans in trying to persuade the Eagles front office to make the trade happen that so that McNabb would have one of the top five receivers in the league in the huddle with him. Well, the honeymoon ended almost a year to the day from when the deal was done and I can just see hordes of Eagles fans calling for Owens to either be traded or given his outright release. Neither of those options will happen, because 1) No other team would want someone who is seen as a cancer in the lockerroom and 2) The Eagles would take a hefty salary cap hit (one which they'd most likely be paying for in 2007 or 2008) for someone that wouldn't be on the team any longer. I don't see too many folks taking T.O.'s side on this one other than his family and his hired gun
Drew Rosenhaus. But the fact of the matter is that T.O. has now alienated
himself from yet another football team and another city. I hope he's happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

html hit counter
View My Stats